Post 16 Results
A Levels 2023
A level Results 2023
Our Y13 students should be rightly proud of a great set of A level results. It’s great to see their efforts rewarded after their time at Shenley Brook End School. The students hard work and excellent support from parents, Sixth Form teachers and Sixth Form leadership have culminated in a group of students that we know will be successful in their next destinations, whether that be an apprenticeship, further or higher education.
This is also an opportunity to thank our superb student leadership within school over the year with Abbie Murrell and Alessandro Lagioia securing a lasting legacy in terms of the work they have done around sustainability and recycling in the school.
We are pleased that so many of our students have achieved their first-choice destination. The students listed below highlight the superb achievement and prestigious destinations of this great year group. We have included their primary schools as we know they will be interested to see how their much-loved former students have progressed.
- Robertas - A*, A*, A, A with a place at Manchester University studying Mechanical Engineering as well as being one of our national basketball champions. (Emerson Valley Combined School)
- Ashwin - A, A, A and B in EPQ with a place at Bristol studying Biomedical Sciences (Long Meadow School)
- Darius - A*, A, A with a place at Bath studying Electrical Engineering (Emerson Valley Combined School)
- Katie - A*, A* A with a place at Nottingham studying Finance, Accounting and Management (Emerson Valley Combined School)
- Hope – Distinction*/Distinction, Distinction with a place at UCFB studying Multimedia Journalism (Oxley Park Primary School)
- Jacob - A*, A*, A and B in EPQ with a place at Kings College London studying Medicine (Long Meadow School)
- Akifah A, A, A (Knowles Primary School)
- Ellie - A*, A, A with a place at Sheffield studying Computer Science (Long Meadow School)
- Andrei - A, A, A with a place at Sheffield University studying Computer Science (Caroline Haslett Combined)
- Molly - Distinction*/Distinction, Distinction with a place at UCFB studying Multimedia Journalism (Emerson Valley Combined School)
- Eloise – A, A, A*, A* in EPQ with a place at Oxford to study Spanish and History (Thornton College)
- Alex - A*, A*, A*, A and A* in EPQ with a place at Cambridge to study Medicine (Emerson Valley School)
- Iga - A*, A, A, B and A in EPQ with a place at Edinburgh to study English Language and Literature (Holne Chase Combined School)
Although around 70% of students attend university each year, we have some outstanding Apprenticeship destinations:
- Sofia – degree level Apprenticeship at the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office
- Paige – degree level Apprenticeship with the London Transport Police
- Ruby – Mercedes-Benz degree apprenticeship
We are very proud of all of our students particularly given that these students did not sit actual GCSE exams and their education was impacted adversely by Covid and having to work from home.
Well done to everyone and best of luck in the future.