Shenley brook end school ofsted inspection report 25 September 2018
The school was visited by Inspectors in September 2018 and the report is now available. A link is found at the bottom of this page.
They were impressed with what we do in the school and how your children learn and behave. Below are some points from the report:
Our OFSTED report has now been received and is on our website and has been sent to you. It is written as a letter to me and its key points are:
- This school continues to be good
- Your philosophy of ‘a school of leaders’ means leaders at different levels have been given autonomy to make choices to meet the best interests of the pupils
- You and your staff effectively promote the school’s core values through a framework of Attitudes, Skills and Knowledge
- You set high levels of aspiration to which pupils respond well
- The learning environment is calm and well ordered. Pupils behaviour is good, both in the classrooms and other areas
- Parents are strongly positive in their views of the school. One parent commented ‘There is genuine care by the staff for the children’.Another said ‘I am very pleased with leadership and ethos of the school’
- You and your staff provide a range of extra-curricular opportunities for the pupils which they value highly.All of these contribute to the positive culture within the school
- A positive culture of safeguarding runs throughout the school that ensures pupils are safe and secure. Pupils say they feel very safe in the school and their parents strongly agree. One pupil commented ‘there is trust in the relationships between teachers and students’
- Pupils attainment and progress at the end of Key Stage 4 in recent years have been strong with overall progress in 2017 well above the national average. Information from leaders indicate pupils attained similarly well this year
- Outcomes in the Sixth Form remain very positive with strong improvements made at A Level in the last year
Naturally OFSTED also focus on next steps for improvement and they have said ‘you have accurately identified areas of recent underperformance and have taken and continue to take, appropriate actions to bring about improvements.’
This is a very positive report and I would like to congratulate all of our students, staff, parents and governors for the commitment and support over time that has made this possible.
To view the Ofsted report please click here.
To view the school and college performance tables' service click here.
Financial data may also be accessed by clicking here.
To view Ofsted Parent View click here.