As we reach the end of the academic year may I take this opportunity to thank you for your support and understanding throughout the year. I am now in my 30th year of teaching, and I’m sure it will come as no surprise when I say there has never been a year like it! The adaptability and resilience of students has been incredible, and the way we have supported each other in the face of change and challenge truly amazing.
So a big thank you from me to all our staff, students, governors and parents. An extra thank you to those staff who are retiring or moving on to new things. We wish then well in their new ventures.
I’m listing below the current guidance that comes into effect from 16 August, mindful that this may change in September. We have been informed of the following.
September guidance headlines (from 16th August 2021)
- End of school year group bubbles
- No face coverings - although this may change
- No social distancing
- Students do not need to isolate if in close contact if under 18 years and 4 months of age, but will need to seek a PCR test.
- No need to continue to LFD test over summer break
- 2 LFD on site testing for all students on return to school then to continue testing at home until end of September (will be reviewed) - currently developing plans and we will share these at the end of the summer.
- To continue to access confirmatory PCR test if have a positive LFD test
- Educational visits can recommence - risk assessment will need to be completed
- Extra-curricular events can recommence - no need to be in bubbles
- DO NOT COME INTO SCHOOL IF SYMPTOMATIC, or if student has had a high temperature within 48 hours of returning to school.
Please bear in mind this may change depending on government advice nearer the return to school.
I also refer you to this letter reminding you of the key arrangements for September return. I will remind you of all of this before the start of term, and in the meantime wish you and your families well for the coming weeks.
Mr C Holmwood